Spring is a time of regeneration, new beginnings, and a renewal of spirit. In many traditional medicines like Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda it is the time of cleansing liver and gallbladder for overall health and well-being.
The three powerful liver and gallbladder detoxifying herbs to use as a foundation for spring cleaning your body are:
- Milk Thistle
Brew stronger tea for twenty minutes and cool it off before use. You can find fresh herbs online at Mountain Rose Herbs. Make a fresh batch daily or the night before when you have more time. Keep it refrigerated. Don’t make more than for two days in advance. You can mix them together or alternate. You can sip them alone as tea or use them as foundation for your cleansing smoothie.
SPRING SMOOTHIE RECIPE
1-1/2 cup Herbal tea instead of water
1/4 bunch cilantro to bind to heavy metals
1/4 bunch parsley to help remove heavy metal deposits
1/2 cup pineapple rich in bromelain enzyme to help with digestion
1 cup organic lettuce or greens, washed well even if it is pre-washed
1 cup organic frozen strawberries for fiber, vitamins A and C
Banana for potassium and to help herbs blend in for a smoother consistency (you may replace with 1/2 avocado)
Raw, unheated, preferably local honey for boosting immunity
Drink daily during spring to decongest the liver and the lymph.
- Spring detox is meant to remove excess mucus from our body. It is the time to eat lighter, cleaner more plant based, non complex, fast exit, fresh home cooked meals.
- If you are heavily congested start with smaller amount of herbal tea, parsley and cilantro and slowly build-up your tolerance.
- Make sure you address constipation issues before attempting any detox in order to avoid stronger Herxheimer Reaction, a short-term detoxification reaction in the body experiencing flu-like symptoms including headache, joint and muscle pain, body aches, sore throat, general malaise, sweating, chills, nausea or other symptoms.
- Always consult your doctor before adding herbs to your diet to make sure they don’t collide with any medications you might be on.
- Detox is not meant for pregnant or lactating women. It is ideal for pre-conception and to boost fertility.
Engage in prevention as natural part of life.
For personalized coaching contact us right here.
To schedule a 90 minute booster session go here.